10 Tips for Jam Jelly and Marmalade Making.
ya, that's what confused me. I've always put on a thin wax "seal" over the jam/jelly while it was hot AND then used the metal screw on lid (that vacuum seals shut), which is the way my mom did it.... 24/08/2011 · I'm with Kate on this, I use the cello discs (dipped in brandy) then put a metal or plastic lid on top rather than an elastic band. This generally works pretty well. One of my friends uses a lot of honey that comes in jars with plastic lids and it seems to work fine when I re-use these.
First time making chutney..... in Cooking Storing and
wax discs are meant to go on the surface of the jam anyway - it's cellophane that goes over the top. I pot and seal jam hot so it forms a decent vacuum seal as it cools - I usually use old jars with those pop-up buttons in the lids but have done some kilner too - and don't bother with wax discs.... - 200 2lb wax discs - Ideal for home made preserves - Brand new in packaging Delivery time is between 27-37 working days.
Summer berry jam delicious. magazine
Boil the jam jars and lids in a pan of boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Remove with tongs and immediately add the marmalade with the aid of a jam funnel leaving a 2cm head space. Cover with a wax disc …... Always use clean, sterilized jars. To sterilize, wash in hot soapy water, rinse well and place upside down in a cool oven for at least half an hour. Cover the surface of the jam in the jar with a wax disc.
Chilli jam Sweet & sticky - A Life of Geekery
7/11/2010 · I only use the wax discs and cellophane if I'm making the jam as a pressie for someone. I've never refrigerated the jam once it's been made either. I just stick the pots in a cupboard in the garage and pull out a jar when I need to.... 26/01/2009 · Just made a batch of orange jam - the sweetest oranges I have had for a long time. Tried using paraffin wax as a sealant this time as it is very cheap here and re-usable (to a point). Anyone any experience of using wax - personally I find the waxed discs pretty much useless given we have a wide range of pre-used jars.
How To Use Wax Discs For Jam
jam disaster The Accidental Smallholder
- Amazon.co.ukCustomer reviews Kilner Pack of 200 Wax
- Buy Tala Pack 200 1lb Wax Discs from our Jam Making
- Turning CDs Into LPs With a Twist The Atlantic
- 2lb 200 Piece Wax Disc Set For Jam Preserving Tala Discs
How To Use Wax Discs For Jam
Covers and Containers “Jam Jars” Covers and Containers “Jam Jars” With so many different containers, from plain glass jars to branded storage jars, selecting the right one to make a preserve for a gift or to keep for yourself is often a challenge.
- We are re-enacting that recording session using wax discs. No one has actually attempted a full orchestra using a wax recording lathe before, so it’s a serious research project, as well as a lot
- As soon as you've poured the jam into the sterilised jars you should immediately cover the surface of it with wax paper discs. This ensures a good seal and prevents mildew appearing on the surface
- Cover the top surface of the jam in each jar with waxed paper discs that have been cut to size (they should cover the entire surface of the jam). Press the wax disc down to create a complete seal. Cover with a lid while still hot. Label and store in a cool, dark cupboard for at least 48 hours.
- If using wax discs and cellophane, lay on the wax discs, wait until cool and then top with cellophane and rubber bands. Makes 1.5 standard jars (600 mls). Recipe Notes
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Watson ACT, Lyneham ACT, Beard ACT, Duffy ACT, Fadden ACT, ACT Australia 2638
- New South Wales: Kurraba Point NSW, Pitnacree NSW, Yerrinbool NSW, Campsie NSW, Evans Head NSW, NSW Australia 2039
- Northern Territory: Mandorah NT, Bakewell NT, Tanami NT, Winnellie NT, The Narrows NT, Bakewell NT, NT Australia 0854
- Queensland: Mt Molloy QLD, Hivesville QLD, Lawgi QLD, Herston QLD, QLD Australia 4089
- South Australia: Nackara SA, Telowie SA, Cape Jaffa SA, Deepwater SA, Marleston SA, Barunga Gap SA, SA Australia 5094
- Tasmania: Macquarie Plains TAS, West Montagu TAS, Snug TAS, TAS Australia 7072
- Victoria: Ventnor VIC, Boorhaman VIC, Mornington VIC, Ventnor VIC, Jack River VIC, VIC Australia 3009
- Western Australia: Burns Beach WA, Wokalup WA, Wembley WA, WA Australia 6014
- British Columbia: White Rock BC, Port McNeill BC, Chilliwack BC, Pemberton BC, Montrose BC, BC Canada, V8W 9W9
- Yukon: Paris YT, Bear Creek YT, Flat Creek YT, Frances Lake YT, Gordon Landing YT, YT Canada, Y1A 3C8
- Alberta: Ryley AB, Chipman AB, Onoway AB, Glenwood AB, Bawlf AB, Breton AB, AB Canada, T5K 9J1
- Northwest Territories: Aklavik NT, Nahanni Butte NT, Colville Lake NT, Hay River NT, NT Canada, X1A 3L9
- Saskatchewan: Spy Hill SK, Saltcoats SK, Englefeld SK, Abernethy SK, Rosetown SK, Dinsmore SK, SK Canada, S4P 4C8
- Manitoba: Gilbert Plains MB, Elkhorn MB, Winnipeg MB, MB Canada, R3B 2P7
- Quebec: Clermont QC, Lac-Delage QC, Saint-Remi QC, Sherbrooke QC, Charlemagne QC, QC Canada, H2Y 8W8
- New Brunswick: Pointe-Verte NB, Sackville NB, Hampton NB, NB Canada, E3B 7H8
- Nova Scotia: St. Mary's NS, Argyle NS, Canso NS, NS Canada, B3J 9S5
- Prince Edward Island: Belfast PE, Valleyfield PE, Cavendish and North Rustico PE, PE Canada, C1A 4N9
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Port Hope Simpson NL, Port Hope Simpson NL, Postville NL, Bonavista NL, NL Canada, A1B 5J1
- Ontario: Karalash Corners ON, Ashburn ON, Jones Falls ON, Swansea, Stirling ON, Ballymote ON, Laird ON, ON Canada, M7A 5L8
- Nunavut: Baker Lake NU, Charlton Island Depot NU, NU Canada, X0A 7H6
- England: Halifax ENG, Bolton ENG, Stourbridge ENG, Dudley ENG, Halesowen ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 1A4
- Northern Ireland: Newtownabbey NIR, Belfast NIR, Bangor NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 5H3
- Scotland: Dunfermline SCO, Edinburgh SCO, Kirkcaldy SCO, Dunfermline SCO, Kirkcaldy SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 1B1
- Wales: Cardiff WAL, Neath WAL, Wrexham WAL, Neath WAL, Wrexham WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 9D3